Friday September 20, 2019 | Category: Hair Removal
Do you find yourself prone to ingrown hairs? Ingrown hairs are hairs that have curled around and grown back into your skin. It is possible for anyone to have ingrown hairs, but these hairs are most common in people who have coarse or very curly hair. Curly hair, as you may imagine, is more susceptible to curling back into the skin rather than straight hair.
An ingrown hair is not serious, but they are irritating and sometimes embarrassing. These hairs tend to produce a red raised bump, looking much like a pimple. Sometimes they can be painful – like a boil! The reason ingrown hairs tend to appear after shaving or waxing is because the hair that has been cut or torn grows back with a sharper edge than before, and this makes it easier to poke back in through the skin and get trapped under the surface. Additionally, dead skin can clog hair follicles. This forces the hair growing inside to grow sideways instead of straight up – producing an ingrown hair.
Besides curly hair, there are certain high levels of sex hormones that increase the probability of you getting ingrown hairs as well.
To prevent ingrown hair, WebMD suggests the following:
1. Every day, rub your face in a circular motion using a wet washcloth or an exfoliating scrub to tease out any stubborn ingrown hairs.
2. Shave with a sharp, single-bladed razor.
3. Wet your skin with warm water before shaving and apply a lubricating gel.
4. Shave in the same direction your hair is growing.
5. Use as few strokes of the razor as possible. That lessens the chance of a hair slipping back into your skin.
6. Rinse the blade with water after every stroke.
7. Don’t shave too closely to your skin. Leave a little bit of stubble if you can.
8. If you’re using an electric razor, hold it slightly above the surface of your skin.
9. Apply a cool washcloth to your skin after you shave to reduce irritation.
However, we find this to be a lot of steps, requiring a lot of effort! Instead, we recommend laser hair removal! We do all of the work for you and you get NONE of the ingrown hairs. That’s the convenience you need! Contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation today.
Laser Hair Removal
Using the latest and greatest technology, removing unwanted hair on any part of the body with laser hair removal has never been so fast, easy and painless.
We stay up to date in the field of electrolysis so that you feel comfortable while you get your treatement. Our electrolysis is very tolerable and quick.
Fast & Painless
Laser hair removal treatments use a cooling gel to prepare the skin for treatment, the laser has a cooling tip which makes the treatment virtually pain free.
Contact Laser Center of Port Orange